28 November 2012

eep.

i am sitting on the floor of my den pondering (mainly stretching) why on earth i signed up for a marathon.

not only that, i've already signed up for another.

there must be something off in my brain.

you know what else is off? my internal clock. it doesn't know what day it is, time it is, when it is appropriate to eat food. nothing.

i think one of the main reasons i signed up to do a marathon was to prove to myself that i could. i run for me. no one else. sure i like when people support me in my running goals, but i don't run to show other people that i a can. i run because i know i can and i like to push. (hence why i finished a 1/2 with a bum knee...)

so now is time to prove to myself that i can do it.

and maybe wrangle a new pair of shoes before, because i still haven't done that yet.... ::head hung::

race results:


yes you are reading that correctly (with a magnifying glass and bifocals of course) that i ran under 8 minute miles. boom.

fine, barely under 8 minute miles. but whatever i lost to a 14 year old (clearly we were in competition...) cousin of one of my friends by 40 seconds. i take it as a win in my book. 

i am also not ashamed to say that i ate my weight in oreos and animal crackers at the end. and didn't drink enough champagne to make france blush. okay, okay you caught me, i did indeed drink enough champagne to make france blush. followed by some good old american (not owned by americans, but still american) coors light.


and if someone wants to buy me this for christmas i will love you forever and we can be best friends. i have only been lusting after it since june...




1 comment:

  1. You can do it, you will do it. And I hope I will be able to see you finish :)

    ReplyDelete